Chicken Peanut Soup
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 Cups sweet potato, cubed peeled
- 1/2 Cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Cups cubed chicken breast, cooked
- 1/2 Cup cooked rice (brown is best)
- 1 Cup of salsa
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 Cup natural peanut butter
Spray a large pot with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno, and sauté 3 minutes until onions are transparent. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients (rice through beans); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add peanut butter, stirring with a whisk.
Heat for 2 minutes and serve!
*This recipe is synonymous with "comfort food". It's hearty, a little spicy, and slightly peanuty. Delicious!