Possibly the healthiest soup ever
Bone broth is one of the healthiest foods you can consume. It's quite mild in flavour, and very satisfying. Best when enjoyed for breakfast, FIRST THING, on an empty stomach.
• About 8 beef marrow bones (preferably from an
• 3 ribs celery, roughly chopped
• 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
• 4 medium yellow onions, outer skins peeled off and halved
• 1 large bunch of Italian parsley
• 1 large bunch of cilantro
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Place marrow bones in a large stock pot and add 4 liters of cold water. Add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
Within 20 minutes of boil you’ll notice some impurities float to the surface – remove these using a fine mesh strainer.
Allow to simmer uncovered for 6 hours on low, then cover and simmer very slowly for an additional 2 hours, for optimal extraction of nutrients.
Use a strainer to scoop out solids out of the broth, using a spatula to squeeze out as much liquid goodness from the overcooked vegetables.
Note: Allow vegetables to cool before placing in green bin pale!
Transfer your nutrient-rich bone broth to air-tight containers and store in the refrigerator. Next day, scoop out some of the fat lining the top of the pot (not all of it! It’s all good stuff!).
- - - -
Look for more articles by Silver and Gold Magazine, by clicking HERE.