Healthy Turkey Chili
• 1 Tbsp. canola oil
• 1 large onion, chopped in chunks
• 6 stalks celery, chopped in chunks
• 2 medium coloured peppers, chopped in chunks
• 3 Cups diced tomatoes (fresh or canned: if canned, be sure they're
• 3 cans (size irrelevant) of various beans (red kidney, pinto, black eyed,
or mixed combo) drained, rinsed well to wash off foam.
• 1 Tbsp. chili powder (depending upon desired heat) or chili flakes
• 1 lb. raw ground turkey or leftover turkey chunks
(or alternatively, crumbled tofu may be used).
• 1 Tbsp. ground cumin (lowers gas & bloating which beans cause)
Sauté turkey in a large pan over medium-high heat, until cooked through & no longer pink. Drain excess fat and set aside. Heat large pot, add oil and sauté onions for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat, then add peppers, celery, and sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, drained beans, chili & cumin powders and turkey, and simmer on low for 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
*This recipe is very healthy and super easy to make. Just put all the ingredients in a large pot or crock pot and leave it to cook by itself.
No more excuses for not having time to cook a home-made delicious and healthy meal!
Yield: Serves 12 @ 1.5 Cups each