In the summer 2018 issue of Silver and Gold Magazine, our article of "Baking Soda Multipurpose" was a huge hit - and it also linked to our "Baking Soda as Shampoo" method, which many of our readers are now trying with much success.
But what exactly is baking soda? Baking soda is a salt composed of sodium ions and bicarbonate ions. The natural mineral form is nahcolite (NaHCO3), and is found dissolved in many mineral springs.
There are dozens of things you can do using Baking Soda, without having to use toxic chemicals – in your hair, body, as washing soda for your laundry, and many other uses such as:
• Refrigerator deodorizer
• Freshens breath, whitens teeth
• Exfoliates skin (3 parts B.S. to 1 part water)
• Relieves skin irritation and sunburns (1 cup to a bath)
• Relieves insect bites
• Soothes and softens aching, dried feet
• Makes a great shampoo
• Great grout cleaner
• Natural clothes detergent and boost, without the $$
• Polish silverware
• Deodorizes garbage cans, carpets, closets, shoes
• Freshens litter boxes (sprinkle at bottom)
• Keeps flowers fresher longer
• Neutralizes beans when soaking (prior to cooking)
• Safe wash for produce
Are you using baking soda as a wash? We'd like to hear from you!
- - - -
#silverandgold #magazine #seniors #boomers #naturalRemedies